You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Youth Substance Use Support & Treatment Service
This program is for youth ages 16-24 who:
- Are Concerned about their current substance use
- Have experienced a problem with substance use
- Have co-exsisting substance use and mental health issues
- May need information and/or support to manage substance use safely
- May have experienced withdrawl with or without medical support
- Want to develop new coping skills and make healthier choices
- Live in Belleville, Quinte West, Prince Edward county
Our youth substance use team consist of:
- An Addictions Counsellor from CMHA HPE
- A Mental Health Addictions (MHA) therapist from Youthhab
Together, the Addictions Counsellor and MHA Therapist collaborate to address each client’s needs and provide supportive services for youth and young adults experiencing substance use issues.
Youth Substance use supports and treatment services includes:
- A youth centred approach that is responsive to clinical needs
- Ongoing screening and assessment to ensure appropriate interventions and/or therapeutic treatments
- Supportive addiction counselling & therapy
- Individualized treatment planning that matches the youth’s need and ability to develop skills for independence
- Options to manage substance use, including harm reduction skills and strategies
- Linkages to information, support and treatment to manage use or to withdraw safely
- Connection to other community services
- Coordinating with the HPE TAY Connector or MAHS-HPE case management services for assistance with housing, healthcare, employment, education, financial support, government ID, etc.
- Aftercare planning to support recovery
- Family members, friends, caregiver
- Frontline staff that serve youth with substance use, or co-existing substance use and mental health issues
- Includes and not limited to: Intake workers, child & youth workers, adolescent care workers, social workers, teachers, family physicians, nurse practitioners and primary care staff, mental health, justice,social and health services etc.
- Community agencies: central intake, crisis intervention, schools, primary care, justice services, social services, acute care or emergency, detox or residential treatment, mental health services, health services etc.
- Rapid access within 24-48 hours, available when youth are ready
- Warm welcome and introduction from service/care providers
- Rapid re-entry as services are needed