You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Statement of Information Practices
We collect personal health information about you directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf. The personal health information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history, records of your visits to us and the care that you received during those visits. We also collect personal health information about you from other sources if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits.
Uses and Disclosures of Personal Health Information
We use and disclose your personal health information to:
- Treat and care for you.
- Plan and manage our internal operations.
- Conduct risk management activities.
- Conduct quality improvement activities (such as sending client satisfaction surveys).
- Compile statistics.
- Educate our staff or teach students on placement.
- Comply with laws and regulations.
- Fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law.
You should know that:
- We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft and loss. We also guard against unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure, and disposal.
- We conduct regular audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We take steps to ensure that everyone who works for us protects your privacy and only uses your personal health information for the purposes to which you have consented.
You may see, add to and/or correct errors in your personal health records, or withdraw your consent for some of the above uses and disclosures by contacting us. There may be legal reasons why we cannot carry out your requests.
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy protection practices, to request access or a correction to your files, or to raise a concern you have with our practices, contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. The Commissioner can be reached at:
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, ON M4W 1A8